Downloads and Honors
DAME Award 2016 Special Mention
“…Flexofold gets a Special Mention in its own right for its excellent design, execution and electrical isolation of the prop from the saildrive.”
The DAME Award jury, METS Trade Show 2016
Pittman Award by SAIL magazine
”The combination of innovative materials and Flexofold’s impeccable engineering and design have taken folding propellers to a whole other level with this new product“
Adam Cort, Executive Editor, SAIL magazine 2017
- Composite material immune to electrolysis
- Light weight (2,8 kgs less a standard folding propeller)
- Helical gearing between the blades ensures a syncronized folding mechanism
- Patented mounting system absorbs impact from the centrifugal force and allows adjustment of play in gears
- Protective cover over the gearing
- Easy replaceable build-in anodes in each blade
- Dual shock absorbers for quiet opening of the propeller
- Special innerhub to protect the saildrive and gearbox from the propeller impact
- Mounting screws are pre-applied with Loctite for mounting above as well as under water
- Water lubricated - no need for maintenance
Hub immune to electrolysis
A common issue for sailboat owners is electrolysis – coursed by electrical errors in the sailboat or shore power.
Today’s use of electrical equipment on sailboats increases the risk of wrong installations. Even if all installations are ok, docking in a marina with defective shore power can cause severe damage. This, as stray current easily damages the propeller – normally being the part with the best electrical connection into the water.
Our determination solving this matter has now resulted in the development of a new generation of folding propellers – the 2-blade Flexofold Composite!
The 2-blade Composite propeller for saildrive is available in diameters of 15" to 18" - all in a wide range of pitches.
Available for both LEFT and RIGHT turning saildrives (saildrives are generally LEFT turning, however, catamarans might use counter rotating propeller on one side).
The Flexofold propellers has a 100% fit on all common saildrives from Yanmar, Volvo Penta, Lombardini, Technodrive and Torqeedo Deep Blue.
To be fittet on Selva saildrives when using an adpater.